Cutout Product Photos For Websites And Catalogues
Cutout product photos are shot on a white background and are used on the majority of e-commerce websites.
I usually shoot each item separately, making it easy to rearrange the products later. Any discontinued items can quickly be removed and the rest simply rearranged. Clean white cutouts and drop shadows can also be added if required.
Websites look more stylish and organised if all the products are shot in the same way and at the same angle. These examples show how putting like-with-like creates a simple repeating pattern. Most of the items were not shot at the same time. Meaning each new product has to be carefully adjusted until it matches previous shots.
The first photoshoot is I like to create a series of different photographs for the client to choose which style to use for the rest of the products.
All of the products shown here have been cutout after the photoshoot. Simple identical shadows can then be added for each product. Or in some instances the original shadow can be used – as in the photo frames.
Photographs from top to bottom…
- Oven gloves shot for Ragged Rose. Cutout but no shadows added.
- Drug packaging. Cutout and shadows added.
- Candles in tins for Copenhagen Candles. Cutout but no shadows added.
- Chairs for Mary Ensor. Cutout but no shadows added.
- Picture frames for Copenhagen Living. Original shadows used.